Saturday 18 April 2015

Odds and Sods

I took some time to complete other odd jobs which need doing before I drop the car down and the underside becomes harder to access.

1.  Fuel sender bolted to fuel tank:


I have the newer GBS tank with pre-threaded holes.  They require 6 x M5x10mm bolts to hold it in place with the OEM rubber gasket - I checked with the manufacturer and there is no requirement for supplementary gasket sealant with this gasket.



2.  Gearbox mounting bolted to chassis:

The newer chassis has the gearbox mounting plate arranged so that the gearbox mount is positioned below the chassis and bolted into place.  This provides the fore / aft datum for the gearbox and, therefore, the engine.  The left / right datum for the engine will be the centre of the crankshaft pulley aligned with the centre of the chassis.



3.  Gearbox mounting bracket bolted to gearbox:




I need to check this with the pros - I've used the supplied bolts but they are very short - the end of the thread does not even clear the end of the nut...

Once I've confirmed this and it's all correct, the gearbox will go into the chassis once I've dropped the car off the stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment