Monday 20 April 2015

Disaster Partly Resolved, Seat Holes Drilled

OK, back from work and the back of the car was a mess.  I spent the first hour or so drilling out all of the rivets at the rear of the car and removing the aluminium / tadpole trim.  The photos are too embarrassing to post.  I'm going to clean it up and try again on this one.  Watch this space...

I want to have the seats in position before I drop the car down, so I've drilled the holes using the following method:

1.  Tape cardboard to the floor pan.

2.  Put bolts into the bottom of the seat and put it in place.
3.  Using a heavy weight (my bum!), push the bolts into the cardboard.
4.  A quick check of the measurements and then drill the holes.  Check the seats fit.
It is worth noting that the sides of the central tunnel are not parallel, so I aligned the front and rear edges of the seats with the rear panel.  Next job is to remove the seats and fit the carpets / seat belts before the seats are bolted in properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment