Friday 3 April 2015

Engine Prep

I cannot find an engine crane out here, so disassembled a packing crate and made a gantry.  I have managed to source a chain hoist from an amigo which attaches to the gantry:
The chain hoist has a safe working load of 500kg, so I don't believe that it will be the weakest link in this setup...!  I have attached the engine to the hoist using a length of rope quadrupled up and secured it with a clove hitch to prevent the engine from tipping unexpectedly. 

Job 1: remove old oil.
Looks bad!

Job 2: fit Raceline sump.


The Raceline instructions are straightforward.  Raceline recommends adding a bead of silicone sealant to the stepped areas of the sump, but I added a bead all the way around the outside of the sump gasket prior to fitting.  My bicycle torque wrench came in handy for torquing the small bolts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment