Sunday 5 April 2015

Aux Panel

In an attempt to prove that men can multitask, I managed to trim the aux panel and install switches at the same time as cooking a BBQ.  The finished results:

Some things to note:

-  I have a Ford steering column surround which already has a hazard warning light switch.  I now have one on the aux panel too, as this was designed for a Mazda but I'd fitted everything before I realised.  This means that 2 mods are now required: remove the hazard switch from the steering column and make provision for hazard switch wiring to the aux panel as it is not included on the lower dash loom.

-  The top of the aux panel is designed to mate with the bottom of the dash.  This is unnecessary as there is plenty of support from the bottom attachments...  And GRP doesn't hold rivnuts very well.

-  The leatherette covering has a small amount of stretch.  I made a template from paper and had to put several nicks into it to get it flush to the panel - this wasn't necessary with the leatherette which stretched nicely around the aluminium form.

-  It turns out I cannot multitask after all :(

No comments:

Post a Comment