Sunday 22 March 2015

Suspension Build - Bush Installation

Job 1:  Unpack kit.

Job 2:  Build suspension.

This is how I did it...

Firstly, I fitted the bushes into the wishbones.  I don't have a vice, so opted for a different method - threaded rod, nuts and some hardcore washers.  Using an M10 threaded rod, I locked 2 nuts at one end then used the washers to keep everything square and true.  I smeared grease on the bush and made a nut, washer, bush, wishbone, washer, nut sandwich like this:





 And then wound the bush in using a ratchet and spanner:

After both bushes were fitted, I then measured the overall width using some calipers:

Then filed down the crush tube to match the overall width and squeezed it in using the same method.  This was repeated until all of the wishbones were fully loaded.









No comments:

Post a Comment